Monday, December 29, 2008

resolutions, maybe, no...




Resolutions, I could have a few of those, maybe, really, nooo. In theory, I like the thought of a clean slate, starting over. It's refreshing, exhilirating, like the 10 minutes or so that you feel good trying something new before you realize you've just found a new way to lie to yourself. Because do you really want to run a marathon again? Lose 10 lbs? Discipline your shopping? No, yes, no. Resolutions: good theory...execution needs work.

I guess my primary resolution would be more time to myself. I swore that I would always, always make time for myself, ha ha! This year alone, I've neglected my friends, my weight is now centered in mah big belly since I no longer have a regular routine and I'm at a total and complete loss to define myself outside of work. Thank God for work or I'd have just the boys to point to, accomplishment-wise. Not the best feeling in the world. The boys are wonderful but I need to fulfill myself, see my friends, just be me. Frikkin' aye...

Jack, still taking years off my life, but I still love you. A, you drive me crazy but you give as good as you get and I'm grateful to be your wife [bet you didn't think you'd see that in writing!] G, you're a good boy and I love you, baby bear.

I've christened myself lady with big belly 'til I start losing weight. Otherwise, I'll rename myself Herman, wear stretch pants and flip flops and move to the sea shore. Just seems like the thing to do. Resolutions, ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home