Monday, December 15, 2008

See ya 2008


I know, it's premature to say goodbye to 2008 but I'm ready. It wasn't the worst year but it wasn't one of my favorites. On the up side, Obama was elected and that's a serious up. On the down side, my favorite uncle passed away, the credit crunch has decimated my 401K and baby Jack and my ulcer have played havoc with my 37-year old -38? bad memory!-self.

Lessons to take away from this year: I've never been more aware that control is an illusion. Time management? Sure, assuming Jack and G cooperate: clean diaper, toddler food, does G have his stuff together? How do larger families survive, holy cow!

My dad is relishing the fact that I will be living in a house of men. No worries. He couldn't have had it that bad living with 2 girls and my mom, right? Boys, I can handle, thus far. But I do wish the house was warmer. 72 degrees is too cold! Gimme 74 baby!

2009, we'll still have the credit crunch recovery. But hopefully, the stock market will be steadier. I'll have paid down my debt. Not paid it off mind you but paid it down. And ideally, I can start building for the future again. Hopefully.

2008, the equivalent of stepping in water while you're wearing socks. Not pleasant but not fatal. 2009, may you be much better!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home