Monday, November 13, 2006

Diarrhea duty

I'm not sure what it is, but I always seem to have the little one when he has a stomach bug. I swear, I've pulled diarrhea duty 3 times in the past year. This may be the worst case of it since G couldn't even hold it -- normally I have time to grab him a pull up before I have to worry about cleaning up the results. This time, it was on his undies, right after dinner, no warning except for G's declaration, "Mommy, I have poo poo." Gotta love it.

One surprise today: he asked to speak with Drue. He and Drue chatted about gum flavors. G tried explaining that he was chewing 'lemon' gum (watermelon, actually). Drue is now in an elite class. I don't recall G asking to speak with me or his dad on a casual basis. Only Raul, Jr. (his best friend) and now Drue. I'm a little envious, since I have to worry about the rules and nonesuch, but I'm happy to see them taking an interest in the other.

Back to the diarrhea duty, though. I guess my consolation is that it's better that it's happening with me (ugh). I'm the germ freak, so I make sure he gets a good soap down right after an episode. No guarantees that would happen with the ex. When I wanted kids, funny how I never envisioned the yucky parts. Guess I thought it would ALL be cute, of course.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

That's just, um....shitty, M. Was nice to get the love from the little man. He's a good egg as we say in my family.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home