Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Birthday Notes


I should mention, the birthday was not too shabby. The little guy had pink eye, which was a downer. But Drue came through and showed me one of the best times that I've ever had: homemade card (my favorites), nice cashmere sweater and dinner at 2941 . It almost makes me want to work for General Dynamics, those folks are so lucky to have such fine dining on hand!

Dinner consisted of tuna tartare with avocado (a pairing I couldn't have imagined, but it was delectable) and venison. The tuna tartare was the better course. Wine was from St. Emillion, France, so I had to have it. And the bill experience was brightened by cotton candy (pina colada flavored).

Dessert was a bit of a wrinkle. I had some brownie concoction with Tahitian vanilla (what qualifies as Tahitian vanilla). Drue had a mini dessert taster with a mini flan, a cake and rocky road. Too bad no one warned us about the alcohol. Brandy in the flan and I tasted rum in the mini cake. Drue was understandably irritated. But we switched desserts and I was happy.

The night was near perfect. Drue was a little antsy when I was contemplative (which was new) but I've always appreciated that he lets it ride and we hardly have trouble conversing. Overall, I'm happy -- it's so nice to date someone with such a zest for life, someone who appreciates the finer things in life and someone who is not easily pleased. And it's nice to fulfill the other parts of me, when I'm not being mom.

Other birthday notes: the folks at work surprised me yesterday. Margie made a homemade cake with Skittles (she knows my love for candy) with pink and white frosting. They even flagged down John (can never remember his last name) to sing his a Capella version of 'Happy Birthday.' John sang admirably; maybe he moonlights. It was one of the best birthdays ever. Now if I could just get the ex to settle down. ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home