Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Monday

Work was rough. Everyone seemed shaken by the Mondays. John, the network guy that's brilliant and eccentric resorted to screaming/yelling the stress out. I asked him if it was therapeutic but I never got an answer. He's pissed b/c he found out he's been paying maintenance on a router that was never connected (6 years). That's a bad day for you. And he's dealing with the aftermath. And John's a Virgo -- I thought they cared about keeping it together... Guess not (I drive A nuts generalizing but it's my hobby).

And Steve, our project lead is falling off his diet. He's a teddy bear of a guy that hails from Chicago. He was railroaded into leading a 2nd project that has failure written all over it. Product should be delivered right about now and he's the 3rd project lead coming up to speed on the thing. We entertain each other with Murphy's Law scenarios and kid stories.

I was irritable b/c I couldn't get a decent answer out of anyone in gov't: I submitted a documentation package to government Feb 1. Gov't has had it a decent amount of time and now it's impacting the project. Can I get a response? No. I didn't really expect one but I was irked that build documentation from another contractor was supposed to be submitted 4/27. I don't have access to said database to verify document delivery. Can I find a gov staffer to confirm delivery? That, I actually thought I could get an answer to. But no, 2nd day running, all it should take is a glance and I can't get that.

I miss ITT and AT&T. I had total control, it was great. I wasn't the PM but I had enough latitude to call the shots and backbrief the PM. Both jobs rocked. Though the travel with ITT burned me out. I miss being the one getting the face time with the lead players. Though, strangely, I get the most money from NG and a pension but the lack of calling the shots is a bit of a pain. Thankfully, Steve is flexible and gives me some latitude.

It has been a rough Monday. But Happy Monday, the day's just about done. And the weather was beautiful. Now if I could only get my Hallmark account to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home