Thursday, April 12, 2007

Recovery from your parents

Recovery from your parents should be a tax deduction. Somewhere, somehow, future kids should be able to meet some sort of threshold where they could get free therapy for life. Or free rides at Disney World for a day/ month. Something to make you say, wow, I don't know how I did it, I survived, let's go celebrate!

Parents said they'd 'stop by,' when I really should've known we were talking about they're spending the night because they miss the grandkid. I should've said no. I wasn't thinking. I'm not packed, I'm not entirely happy and my mom's usual criticism has me ready to bazooka anyone who's even going to comment about my weight.

Really...what is wrong with Asian people? They're not happy unless you're anorexic. One of the only women my mom has complimented was bulimic. That's healthy. Except for the stomach pains (gah), I'm faring much better than the first pregnancy, weight-wise. Last time around, I had gained 30 lbs in the 1st trimester for a total of 60 (thank you OJ). But the cravings paid off, G's pretty smart. I want to believe some of it's genes but some of it was the OJ.

Baby W, sorry, I'm not craving the OJ anymore. Margie was very sweet at work today. Told me how good I look (yes, I take my compliments where I can get them) and that she expects the baby to be bigger (not too big, please). I hope I'm more like her as a mom. Very vibrant, positive.

Desi complains that El and I don't give my mom enough credit. Yeah, that's true. But it's hard to commend the person that gives you gifts and Chinese water torture at the same time. I can make all the excuses that I want for my mom, but c'mon. At some point, she has to take responsibility. Both my parents, a therapist's dream. El and me too, obviously.

My negative energy though, I just get messy. It's not something to be proud of, but it's harmless enough (until A arrives). And lately, my dad has been breaking stuff every time they visit. The cover for the kitchen fan now has to be fixed. What the hell?

I'm sure G will complain about me too. Whatever. Maybe I'll start a petition on recognizing recovery from your parents.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

Desi's right. You guys turned out tops!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home