Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mooning baby and of course...

A and I were mooned recently by our growing baby. In 4-D, our little smart-alecky baby was in a good position for the Dr. to ascertain his length and estimate the sex (60% chance it's a boy) and sure enough, our little rug rat turned and gave the Dr. a money shot of his hind quarters. How funny that the arms and legs are still developing but the ass is very much intact. It was all I could do to avoid blurting out, "That's your son!" That smart aleck.

Happily, A and I have decided on a name: Jack Riley. It took some negotiations on the middle name. I liked William, after Billy Preston. We both liked Thelonius, though I would've shortened it verbally to Theo, since I'm lazy that way. And he liked Ernest, a family name, which is a good name, but I was quite worried about the ensuing acronym. No monograms for Jack Ernest. But there doesn't seem to be anything disagreeable about Jack Riley (other than the mooning incident). ;)

This weekend was rough, though. A and I ate at China Star and something has disagreed with me since. I've been more familiar with my toilet than I care to be and considering tomorrow's a work day, I'm trying to figure out if I can survive part of a workday and visit the Dr.'s or if I should just suck up not having sick leave and take LWOP.

Of course, China Star served up what tasted like the best Chinese food ever so A wants a return trip but I'm much more leery. Different stuff on the up side: placed an offer on the house that A and I want. A and I agreed on some new furniture without too much bloodshed. A was very sweet taking care of me. I admit, I don't expect guys to be stellar carekeepers because I'm a mean sexist pig that way. But he made sure I had enough Gatorade, bought me Kaopectate, consoled me without cracking the obvious jokes and even made his world famous guacamole.

So it was a good weekend with A. But the China Star remnants were a downer. And the ex tells me that G is expressing unhappiness over the pending move. The little seesaw continues to tip: Good to Bad. Bad to Good. But as always, one foot in front of the other. At least each day is an experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

He's making an ass out of us. Sorry about China Star. Too bad they don't have restaurant ratings here like they do in L.A. I wonder what grade that place would have. Nonetheless, it rocked.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home