Sunday, March 11, 2007

Homebody

I'm being really bad today. It's like And I have switched today -- normally he's the one that's late to rise and I can't help getting up early. But here I am putzing around the house and he's already out.

A didn't like some restaurant/bar in Austin and it made me laugh, he didn't like the looks of the patrons with their tattoos and piercings. I love tattoos. Used to hate 'em, but now I love 'em. If they're done well, they are works of art.

I have difficulty explaining my tattoo. I stumble and stutter and don't like to say much, other than it's Mandarin Chinese. Sometimes I like to make up stupid stuff, like it says 'Made in Hong Kong' or something. But I chose my tattoo because of my divorce. I felt marked, different. My faith was shaken. So I chose the character for Love, because it reminded me to have faith. And I chose the most painful place to get a tattoo, above the wrist, because you're hitting bones. It hurt quite a bit.

But my tattoo reminds me not to be a coward (which I am anyways). And I like the reminder of faith. I remain awestruck of people who aren't afraid of Darkness. And I wonder if they've truly witnessed it. I can't ever embrace someone's dark side. I can listen, I can understand their frustration but I'll never be an enabler. Everyone has to help themselves, tough love.

I need Light, desperately. I'm the electric company's best friend, since I like most house lights burning. Funny but true. I am emotionally immature but I'm happy enough. Too scared to see horror movies. Writers have said that Stephen King has more than 14 locks on some of his doors. With the stuff he's written, no wonder, looking at the monsters he's created.

But tattoos, if people put thought into them, I think they're awesome. I like people that make statements. Even if it has to be a naked hula girl: http://www.markbode.com/site/tat_show/tshow42.html; http://www.metal-tiger.com/Wu_Tang_PCA/tattoo.html. I still haven't seen 'Miami ink.' I'm long overdue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home