Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The new kid on film summary

I was shocked. Things have dramatically changed from my 1st pregnancy. Last time, the 1st visit (5 years ago) I don't recall getting a sonogram. It was just a nurse and the doctor presiding over a Doppler machine, the little handheld that helped pick up the baby's heartbeat. This time, I was treated to a little sonogram of the new kid, Baby W and I felt bad, since I didn't think the visit would merit Andreas having to take off from work.

The new kid looks good. The only thing that drives me nuts is Dr. Silas refuses to address my weight (maybe because he's too PC or he knows I'll obsess over it). All indications, so far, is I'm close to the ideal target weight, which is nice, given the last time (overall), I gained double the desired weight. No more OJ cravings for me. Hopefully, Baby W will still be smart.

The next visit, the baby will be on display for a full-color, 4-D sonogram. Ultra cool! I did make sure Andreas has the date on his calendar, since that's a visit that shouldn't be missed. The only downer is my age and the obligatory Down's syndrome tests. My mom had El when she was 42, back in '74, back before pregnancies after 35 were fashionable. With my mom's genes (hopefully) everything should be ok.

It's neat to feel the baby. I can feel the flutter movements on occasion. It's cool, though with G, I couldn't feel it until much later. G is enamored with the thought of a brother or sister though his 1st prediction was twins. He's excited at the thought of bossing someone around. He's already working on nicknames for the baby, though his 1st choice will be discouraged: 'crab.' But it keeps me entertained.

On a different note, wish the ex could be dismissed as a parent. He's taking G to McD's 8x a month. That man's an idiot. His grandad dropped dead of a heart attack at 48. Given the fat content of McD's and my ex's family history, I think G's visits should be rare. He laughed when I told him he's killing G. Guess we'll find out (1.5 year left) if my ex has the heart attack gene or if I'll have to worry about G. Not much I can do there. But with diabetes, gambling, loss of hearing in one's 20s and depression all factors in my family history, my family history isn't impeccable either. And Andreas wonders why I'm not a Vegas fan (no need to see how bad I can get). Anyway, the Baby W show next month should be fun. Finding out the sex, that'll be cool too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home