Sunday, March 18, 2007

eureka!

We did it, we did it! A and I may have actually found THE house! I don't want to get too excited yet, but it's hard not to be happy. We found a house that A likes that was 1) built after 1961 (1989 - thank God), 2) has decent space for G, the new kid and A's office 3) has upper and lower decks (are you kidding) bar in the basement (espresso bar, please) - 2 acres - 2 frikkin acres and a gated area for a dog - too good to be true.

I had Joan place the call to the listing agent, so we can be competitive if another offer comes in. But thank God, I didn't think we'd find a place. Meanwhile, me being me, I managed to pick a stupid house (only 3 bedrooms - you'd think I could read) that brought us to the stupid neighborhood in the first place. But it's a nice neighborhood.

It even has the Cedeno seal of approval. Sarah and Raul are my local real estate experts (they are always quietly researching whether it's investments -- Everhart - or communities) and they found nothing to worry about with the new place. The worst thing I can say about it are the storm surge areas (drowning areas for curious kids). So G and the new kid will get a pretty stern lecture about trying to explore fenced off, no trespassing areas. But 2 acres for the kids to play on. I'm trying not to be too excited but it's hard.

For the difficulty I give him (and he's still here), A rocks. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home