Friday, April 06, 2007

On girls

I think there are a number of reasons why I can't have a girl. For one, I have way too many neuroses that I'd have to worry about passing on to a daughter. With the boys, I'm alright. But girls, holy cow! I'm afraid I'd bring worrying to a whole new level (my mom was the expert worry wart).

And then there's the problem of self discipline. I'll budget say $25 to spend on the goddaughters. But then I see a cute dress (http://www.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=25324&AdID=34686&LinkType=SiteAd&LinkLoc=5991&PageID=25324*1*24*-1*-1) like the kimono dress and the budget crumbles. Just this one time....

And despite working in a hair salon in high school (hahaha), I can't style hair to save my life. I can't even braid. If I had a daughter, she would picket for a new mom. Boys, no worries, good hair cut and they're good to go.

Girls grow so fast, it breaks my heart. Mattie's 10 now, I think. Old enough for 1st communion. Girls are supposed to be your daughters forever and sons, you're supposed to lose to wives and such. But hopefully, I'll find a decent balance with G. Girls may be more fun to shop for but I'll take G and Baby W anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home