Monday, April 02, 2007

too wussy

I am too wussy. Baby Jack is kicking my a$$. My stomach is bothering me and it's hard not to get whiny about it. I actually had to call the doctor's office to verify that the stomach pains were normal. It's not full out cramping but it feels like the kid is boxing my umbilical cord. Or Tarzan swinging from it. If this kid is giving me a hard time now, how bad will it be in the future?

I ran in the Marine Corps Marathon (no training -- other than 10 mile preps) and there's no comparison. The endorphin high you feel while running never really kicks in during pregnancy. Maybe the nesting period, but that's close enough to birth, it almost doesn't count. The baseball-sized blister I had on my foot, that was nothing compared to now. And I'm not even 5 months in.

I feel awkward and ill prepared. The Lamaze stuff they teach you, I never got into it. I always wanted to try hypnosis and I do think that would be pretty cool (no drugs, just the practiced concentration) but I think you have to be in another setting besides a hospital, some new agey place or something. But G was back labor (jackhammer on the spine) and there was no way in hell I was going to suffer through.

I've already enlisted A's and G's help in cajoling the little one to be gentler to me. G decided Jack wants out already. I just think he's a hellion in there. Hopefully, he'll be a little nicer to me. But facts are facts. I'm becoming a bigger wussy with every year. Hard to believe I ever completed the 26.2 mile run. If only you got a medal at the end of pregnancy. 1st place for best composure during labor (that would not be me)! Just give me the shot, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home