Thursday, April 05, 2007

snot brain

I am a big, old, honking snot brain today. Even with cold meds, my nose is Niagra Falls. I look so pathetic, Paul didn't even try to make fun of me today. Normally, he assesses my boots, my dresses and the belly. The guys complained that I looked dorky, perpetually, holding the tissues up to my nose. But it seemed better than their suggestions to stuff my nostrils full of Kleenex. Though I would happily snort wasabi right now, just to feel my sinuses.

The belly is pretty damn big. My belly has it own zip code now. Please let my bathing suits be flexible enough to fit. I'm so not in the mood to look for new suits. Figures I'd be sick before vacation.

This weekend, I'm supposed to meet A's boss and his wife. Figures I'd come down with something right before the big, social event. No way to look somewhat composed when you're clutching Kleenex and sucking down Halls. Maybe I'll gorge on hot and sour soup tonight. ANYthing to be rid of this cold.

Bright spot: Kim gave me Tylenol sinus meds and half a box of Puffs (and lots of pity). I love the 'mommy' treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home