Sunday, April 29, 2007

Parents are funny

I was a bonehead today and locked myself out of the house. It's like I have to do one, really stupid thing once a year. But, I suppose if it's once a year, I can't complain too much. A picked me up and we had a nice day together. Finally checked out Zaytinya (what has it been, 2 years since it opened). Then my parents came over and let me into the house.

Watching my parents, I can't help but wonder what it'll be like when I'm older. My parents have such a convenient memory. I love it when they tell me not to spank G. These are the folks (more my mom than my dad) who ensured I could barely walk after a whipping (and I mean whipping) with a belt. So my mom tells me, 'Don't spank G.' My answer of course is, spare the rod, spoil the child. And I'm not excessive. But I guess when you're a grandparent, spanking is evil. Like the grandchild will behave well without punishment.

And my mom looks at me and says that my hair is too dark. Last time I checked, it's the same color it's always been. But memory serves us differently, so, my hair's darker, I guess. My friend Mel said that you always have to cut grandparents slack, because they're just trying to get into heaven. Aren't we all?

Sometimes, I feel so crotchety already, it's hard to imagine what I might be like as a grandparent. I'll just delude myself that I might achieve coolness by then (unlikely, but a girl can dream). Then maybe, I'll become a no-spanking advocate. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home