Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Work2

You know it's not going to be your day when:

  1. The people that install your new computer (to replace the hunk of junk that had a monitor as big as a 24" TV) manage to tangle your mouse around the new CPU (winning)
  2. The colorful character that you count on for levity is MIA (no John to be found)
  3. You have to break out the salt and pepper shakers for eating crow, when you make the wrong call to the client, saying things are looking up... after documentation folks tell you the package that you've been waiting for has arrived, and it's the wrong one
  4. 1 of 2 project leads that you support breezily walks into your office and announces that the day you had to review a 101-pg brief has been reduced to this evening.

On the up side:

  1. One of the system engineers volunteered to crawl under my desk to fix my mouse (thank you, Rick)
  2. The correct package was delivered today so even though I did eat crow, damage was minimal
  3. I love my new computer; it's not the mini-command center at AT&T (dual monitors, one as big as A's - since size matters) but it's still an improvement
  4. Rick stayed late with me, which was nice since I'm rarely fond of locking up
  5. Even if working late isn't great, I now have 3 hours of comp time to cover appts.

Notes:

I do need to ask Silas for a get-out-of-work note come September. I don't want to have to worry about working late, that late in the pregnancy. And given my track record (16 hours a day during proposal time when I carried G, driving from Columbia, MD), I'm better off at home than work.

And the ulcer. It's been worse lately. I haven' t had time for reiki or acupuncture. Meds only go so far. It's hard work, relaxing! Sonogram in 2 weeks (5/16). Hopefully, everything will check out as it should. Had a weird thought today that it could be a girl, but I'd be surprised if Silas was wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

ouch! this is a great line "You have to break out the salt and pepper shakers for eating crow"

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home