Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ugh-ddendum

I'm 36 years old. Couldn't I just enjoy life a little longer witout all the mortality reminders? It's not like I want to live forever. But the folks that semeed like they would have all the physical advantages (young age -- early 60s--, Asian and good health) are being struck down (folks thatI wanted to emulate as far as life success and happiness) and the randomness of it makes me crazy. I want there to be logic. I want to be able to understand it. Yeah, I like structure, just not too much of it. And randomness makes me crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

Nice title.

Get religion. Or something. Or nothing. I'm learning to live by the motto: Death is part of life. It's a harsh truth, but it's a pill worth swallowing.

But is physical death a real death or does the spirit continue? That's the big question, isn't it? That is where religion and/or science takes over. And then there's the rest of us, living in the grey area, leaving room for creative analysis.

There is no logic because it's not merit-based or scientific. It's not random either because if life were random, we wouldn't exist at all. So it's a little bit of everything. A gumbo of philosophical proportions.

Is it all the big guy's plan? Well, that's not a complete picture either, because "he" merely planted the seed. The rest is evolutionary. That's right, I just put God and Darwin in the same stream of consciousness. Think of it as Sim City on mushrooms. Or perhaps Nietzsche meets Hunter S. Thompson. Or better yet, consider that there's logic running the show, but the actors are improvising. Works for me.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home