Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm better than Spider Man!

G gave me the biggest compliment today. I love it. He adores Spider Man, virtually everything he gets from the toy store is Spider Man-related and it was out of the blue, but he told me today that he liked me better than Spider Man. A huge compliment, coming from my kid!

Today was easier than yesterday. Of course, it helped that he was very loving. I love when he's loving. We talked about how he felt when I was in Europe. I thought he'd say sad but he was mad, presumably at being left behind. He still has the panic attacks though. Even if he sees me from across the room, it's not enough and he needs to be in close proximity. I wonder if his dad has been letting him watch scary movies again.

Parents, still clueless but I'm moving on. They think they can handle being objective when my ex calls to tattle on me. My mom missed the whole point that I don't want to be called to task any longer, considering I'm not under their roof. But, I guess it keeps them busy.

Read an article on child rearing and felt somewhat better. As often as G gets sick (seems like every month), he never had childhood allergies that required hospitalization, never required expensive diapers and special hypoallergenic wipes. So, even if he gets pink eye more than I'd like, he's doing all right. Hopefully, the new kid won't require special diapers or wipes either.

My patience still needs work. It's laughable that I'm a mom, I have so little patience. I love kids, just not other people's (ha ha). Whiny kids (need spanking). Tantrum kids (spanking). G gets whiny when he's tired but that's about it. How the hell am I going to handle a new kid when I feel so crabby watching other people's kids? Crazy. Emotionally, I feel more like a crotchety old woman. I could be 80, the way I feel some days (albeit without the need to talk about miscellaneous medical problems...but the day may not be far off!). But it was a good day since G thinks I'm better than Spidey. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home