Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fairfax and penguins

Yesterday was the best day I've had with G and Andrew. We've had fun before, going to Cox Farms, going to the museum but yesterday, hands down, was the best. G and I went to the Fairfax fair and met Darrell, Liza, Lauren and Dylan. It was fun watching the kids play and what was really exciting was the kids really got into the old fashioned games at the Jamestown exhibit (barrel hoops and sticks, pick up sticks, chess and marbles). Andrew met us there and I think it's the most time that G and Andrew have spent together (since I wasn't comfortable hitting rides in my current, ultra pregnant state).

I actually was mildly jealous, G actually asked for Andrew by name to accompany him on the rides. I know G likes Andrew but it was weird not to hear him ask for me. And Andrew had no hesitation. I always worry about them not getting along, since they're not related. Guess I need to learn to relax more (haha).

Afterwards, we saw Surf's Up at Fairfax Corner. G went back and forth between sitting in his own chair and snuggling up with us. And that was the coolest. He's never snuggled with us before and that was contentment, enjoying the embrace of my two favorite people. I think A was a little disappointed that G didn't give him a hug as he was leaving, but G's not a hugger, despite his affection. He does it to his dad and me, he just stands there, expecting the embrace. Unless he initiates the hug, it's not his thing. Of the moments that I like to collect, yesterday was surely one of them. The only thing I need now is a family picture of all us us, A, me, Jack and G. And snuggle nights. That's happiness.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGW said...

That's sweet, kid. :)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home