Sunday, December 10, 2006

Anniversary Note

I should add that Drue and I had a beautiful anniversary celebration. We went to Komi and I actually remembered what I ate -- shocking! The meal started with pickled olives (worst I ever had) but improved from there. The amuse bouchee included tuna tartare with phyllo squares, quite delectable. The pasta dish was tagliatelle with boar, apple and chopped mint -- amazing. The meat dish was marinated goat. The goat I had in DR was fabulous and this goat was right up there, yummy, not too salty. Dessert was the kicker: Greek donuts (light fried dough with a touch of Sambuka) and to die for chocolate and mascarpone pudding. I would love to recreate the pudding if possible. Drue has raised my eating standards. He is one of a kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home