Sunday, December 24, 2006

I do have too much time today


I have way too much time on my hands today. Crazy! Watched local news and today, hate the torture: local teen killed in fire, siblings killed in a car accident and an only son killed in a car accident caused by another driver. So of course, that causes me to worry, but it's all stuff you can't control. What will be, will be.

Almost have the house ready for Christmas (no pressure). Bought new stemware and washed it. Need to iron the tablecloth, but I'll do it tomorrow. Have 2 wines ready to go. I can't drink lately though (sucks). May get a glucometer to check the blood sugar. I like how more information gives me the illusion of control.

Have the big Christmas centerpiece from Maria. Need to visit her (love her). She has such a big heart, always giving you more than what you ask for. Her son is back from Iraq and I was scared to ask: she said he's undergoing the 1st of 2 operations, if I recall correctly. I haven't lived in Kingstowne for 5 years now, almost 6, but they still remember me. Once you find a good florist, like a hairdresser, you stick with 'em.

I like the house, dimly lit, with the Christmas lights...ambiance. I do wish I could have watched some of the Christmas movies with G. Drue's not a Christmas movie guy; but if he hasn't seen It's a Wonderful Life, he doesn't know what he's missing. It doesn't matter that I've seen it before. The film just resonates with the essence of humanity: what makes a person worthwhile. Death, life and love are so prevalent throughout the film, it just fascinates me how timeless the movie is and its honesty amazes me. It's as intense as Citizen Kane albeit without the fancy angles.

G and I didn't even put out milk and cookies for Santa, though with him falling asleep, I wasn't sure that there was much point. Maybe next year. El was right: the amount of entries I have today, I have way too much time. Here's to Christmas.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home