Monday, December 11, 2006

Maybe (an atonement)


Maybe I was unfair. Drue hated my blog. But it is my blog, my little soapbox. I hardly promised to be fair :) (kidding, kidding). If I hated Drue, I wouldn't be with him. I chafe at his sugestions but I'm not opposed to pleasing him. But of the many ways that I love and adore him:



  • I think he's incredibly talented and have decided that he's a Renaissance man since he can play piano/keyboards quite well, write decent poetry, and sing (when the rare occasion moves him) and I like his photography

  • He's quite soulful and he listens in ways I don't always expect

  • He took me on the Staten Island ferry (one of my fonder memories from when I was little) even though it was inconvenient and even though I downplayed its importance

  • When we went to NY, he took me to Ground Zero despite the fact that he's been 3 or 4 times (meantime, I begged off showing him the Holocaust museum 1 month earlier, for the same reason)

  • I love his thirst for adventure

  • I respect his refusal to be complacent

  • Since I am oblivious when the TV's on and am not particular about making myself comfortable, I marvel that he finds ways to make me even more comfortable, the way he rolled a sweatshirt up against the crook of his arm to improvise a perfect pillow

  • His impromptu customized CDs make me feel special and cherished

  • His smarts are formidable and talking with Drue is like riding in a Porsche -- 1st guy that I've clicked on all cylinders with, which scares me no end

  • Kasalta, PR will always be one of my favorite moments -- the two of us and the open road, with coffee and these crazy marzipan candies that Drue selected for us (something I never would have thought of)

  • His blue eyes are mesmerizing and I love his sardonic smile.

I've been in the driver's seat of virtually all my relationships (excluding my marriage) and I do struggle to make sense of my time with Drue. I love him and I don't anticipate wanting to be with anyone else. It can't be cake and roses all the time, but I do know that when he's willing, I have the best times with Drue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home