Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve at the Yannotti Household

I pass on seeing my sister for Christmas Eve. The ex is dropping G off 2 hours earlier than expected and I have less time to get things done. And they're watching football, which if I had more downtime, wouldn't be bad, but an hour drive on a tight day to watch folks couch-potato isn't my thing today.

I'm supposed to have gotten G the pet shop whatever toy and it's not at Kohl's. I drive to Safeway, where I last saw it and it's not there either. I have that moment of panic where I envision having to spend double for a different toy because I was foolish enough to procrastinate. Thankfully, the toy is at Walmart.

7:00p.m., we are supposed to visit Dave and Dusty. 6:40p.m., G has an accident and I'll now have to clean up G, a dining room chair and the rug. I call Dave and Dusty to reschedule and throw G in the shower, while he evaluates what went wrong with the pull-up.

The pork loin roast that I threw in the oven earlier is a touch dry. It never occurred to me to cross check the temperature recommendations in the recipe. The book say 170 degrees but the Internet says 160 degrees.

I drive G to Shoppers for new pull-ups, pork loin chops and a dessert, just in case the flan I made doesn't turn out. We just make it. We drive down Linden Woods Drive so G can see the lights. He has snowman glasses from Raul and Sarah. As we pull onto our street, I realize that G's asleep. He wakes up as I try to put him in bed and asks to watch cartoons. He promptly falls asleep in front of the TV. Not exactly the Christmas Eve that I envisioned. But, it's still nice to have G in the house. And Foster's has a cool take on Christmas. Just have to clean the dishes from the roast fiasco and I'm done. Ho ho ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home