Sunday, January 07, 2007

Normal people


Normal people don't buy 6 ft. tall Christmas trees and haul them up 4 flights of stairs (single woman by herself). Normal people work smarter, not harder in disposing of said Christmas trees. If I'd remembered, I would have wrapped the Christmas tree in old bed sheets before littering my stairs with half dead pine needles. And normal people don't break their vacuum cleaners, trying to get rid of the lovely pine needles, once Christmas is over.

Christmas is over and I'm trying to regain mastery of the house. It's been a drawn out affair, moving boxes from Christmas unwrapping, upstairs to storage, bringing down the lights and stowing the ornaments. I still haven't delivered all the Christmas presents (one family's schedule hasn't coordinated with mine) and I probably have to resort to the post office, despite the fact that I'd rather see the kids' reactions. But the New Year has already passed and it feels silly to hope that I'll see them soon.

And I can't even get time to blog as the kid is already pestering me, so he may play his games. He has been on the computer a good portion of the day. It's my fault: he wanted to play tennis earlier and I was too lazy to oblige.

It was a good lazy day though. The sky was overcast and it was cold, seemed like 40 degrees. Funny how I think I want more kids on occasion. It's hard to keep this one entertained. I bought fresh paint and little figurines for G and after 3 haphazard paint jobs, he's done. We read 2 books together (I'm making him read now, actually) but he gets so bored. And because I' such a kid, I admit, I thought it'd be easier.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home